Public Transportation in Park Ridge
Park Ridge is in an excellent location for the NYC bound commuter and to access various major highways by car. Park Ridge has a train stop for the NJ Transit Pascack Valley Train line and also has a number of Local and Express Coach USA/Rockland buses that serve the town. The Garden State Parkway, NY State Thruway and the Palisades Parkway are within a very short distance of downtown Park Ridge.
Park Ridge has a main commuter lot that is located north of the train station. This lot is for Park Ridge residents and commuters must obtain a parking sticker on an annual basis. There are approximately 125 parking spaces, and parking is on a first-come-first-serve basis. Park Ridge also has metered parking along Broadway and a second Commuter lot behind Wachovia bank on corner of Kinderkamack Road and Perryland Street. Commuter Parking decals can be purchased at Borough Hall at 53 Park Avenue.
Train, Bus and Other Helpful Commuter Links:
Senior Ride is a senior transportation service which is available at no cost to Park Ridge residents 55 years & older. Destination must be within a 15 mile radius of Montvale.
Days of Operation: Monday and Tuesday for Park Ridge residents.
Thursday for Montvale & Park Ridge residents.
Hours of Operation: 9:00am & last drop off at 3:30pm.
Designation must be within a 15 miles radius of Montvale.
To register & schedule a ride contact the Borough of Montvale receptionist at 201-391-5700 during the hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm. Must speak to the receptionist, do not leave a message on voice mail. Schedule the ride at least a week prior to your appointment.
Driver : Jeffrey Forrest and Al Thomas
New van is handicapped accessible, and equipped with air condition.
- Emergency contact information is required for each driver
- Passenger is required to be registered prior to ride.
- Driver will not accept reservations or make any unscheduled stops.
- If traveling with a home health aide, inform the receptionist when scheduling transportation.
- Notify the receptionist, if traveling with scooter or wheelchair.
- Be ready at time of scheduled pick-up. Driver will confirm time of pick-up the prior day.
- Cancellation must be made no later then the prior day of appointment.
- For all riders' safety, individuals with oxygen tanks will not be transported.
- Borough reserves the right to suspend service due to severe weather conditions or if van requires service.
- No eating or drinking on the van. Passengers must remain seated & seat belted while van is in motion.
- Limit the size & number of bags when shopping.