Sunday 10/28/12 at 5pm
All Park Ridge Residents,
I wanted to update you on Park Ridge’s preparations for the upcoming Hurricane Sandy.
Gov. Christie has declared a State of Emergency in New Jersey for Monday and Tuesday. All emergency services are on alert and will be available during the storm. In advance of the hurricane, the Boro has been taking every precaution and preparing for the storm. Preparations include the following:
· The level in the Electric Lake Pond has been lowered and the level of the Woodcliff Lake reservoir has been lowered by state directive. This is important as the PSE&G transformers supplying Park Ridge are located at the Hillsdale substation.
· In accordance with the Governor’s directive, Borough offices on Park Ave, will be closed but they will be staffed by management personnel and the Office of Emergency Management will be on site.
· Our electric, road and water departments will be available around-the-clock beginning at the start of the storm. We have called in additional electric help to assist.
· Our electric department has an on-going tree trimming program and in past storms this has helped keep power on in Park Ridge.
· All back-up generators supporting our police, fire, ambulance, utility and administrative offices have been tested and are available if necessary
· Our road department has prepared all of its equipment to handle this storm and has cleaned a number of local storm drains.
· It is likely that normal trash pick-up scheduled for the west side of town will be postponed tomorrow
With the wind levels predicted, it is possible that electric outages wlll occur in Park Ridge. We hope to get to service back as quickly as possible, but please be patient as the crews will not be able to make repairs until the heavy winds subside and it is safe to work .Should your electric or water service go out, we ask that you call 201-391-2113. We will keep you informed as to when you can expect your power to be restored. If that number is not available, please call the Central Dispatch Center at 201-391-5400. All other non –emergency calls should be made to Central Dispatch. Again, those numbers are 201-391-2113 for electric and water issues and 201-391-5400 for all other calls. And as always in an emergency you should immediately dial 911.
Our Office of Emergency Management with our Police, Fire and Ambulance will be coordinating additional communication using the reverse 911 system as warranted during the storm. In addition, updates on the storms status will be available on the Park Ridge website at www.parkridgeboro.com. and we have also created a Facebook page located under “Park Ridge NJ Office of Emergency Management”. Let’s all hope this storm does not do any damage in our town but I urge you to be prepared in the event the storm does impact Park Ridge.
Park Ridge Mayor Terry Maguire